Zesty Persian lime is married with extra virgin olive oil for an unbelievably fresh, fragrant burst of citrus. This infused oil will take your recipe to the next flavor dimension. Fantastic with fish, poultry, marinades, dressings. Great when paired with our Blackberry-Ginger balsamic vinegar.
Made with Certified Ultra-Premium, ultra-fresh, extra virgin olive oil from our collection blended in small, artisan batches with 100% natural, organic compatible flavor.
Pair with: Blenheim Apricot, Blackberry Ginger, Aged Black Currant, Aged Wild Blueberry, Aged Black Cherry, Aged Dark Chocolate, Aged Cinnamon-Pear, Aged Coconut, Cranberry-Pear, Aged Black Mission Fig, Honey-Ginger, Aged Grapefruit, Jalapeno, Lavender, Thai Lemongrass-Mint, Alfoos Mango, Oregano, Aged Pineapple, Aged Pomegranate, Aged Raspberry, Red Apple, Sicilian Lemon, Handcrafted Artisanal Serrano Honey, Aged Strawberry, Aged Tangerine, Aged Tahitian Vanilla, A-Premium, Barrel Aged Pinot Noir Red Wine, Sherry Reserva
Shrimp and Grapefruit Salad
- 1/4 cup Leaning Ladder Persian Lime Oil
- 2 tbsp. Leaning Ladder Grapefruit White Balsamic
- 2 tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 small Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 large Grapefruit, segmented
- 12 large Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 Large Head Boston Bibb
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lime juice, vinegar, shallot and cilantro.
- Next, add your grapefruit segments, then fold in the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until shimmering. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, tossing the shrimp until they are curled and pink, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter. Using a slotted spoon, lift the grapefruit and avocado from the citrus vinaigrette and gently spread over the lettuce. Add the shrimp to the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Arrange the shrimp over the salad and drizzle the remaining citrus dressing on top. Scatter the toasted pumpkin seeds on top and serve right away.