Valentine’s Day is upon us (Saturday, February 14, to be exact), and you may be scratching your head about how to show the love in your life appreciation. Sure, there are flowers and chocolate, but how about getting a little creative this year? Let’s do Valentine’s Day Leaning Ladder style!
Is your Valentine a foodie? If so, we definitely have you covered. Here’s just a sampling:
- Grigliata Italian Sea Salt — We love all the specialty salts we carry, and this one is particularly special. This Italian sea salt is produced along the coast of Sicily and the waters of the Mediterranean Sea. This aromatic blend contains juniper berries, pink pepper, cinnamon, rosemary and bay leaves and adds wonderful flavor to meats.
- Is your foodie hesitant to mix and match olive oils and vinegars? Then the book As Old as Time is the perfect solution. This book outlines pairings of olive oils (single varietal and infused) with vinegars. This is a great resource for anyone wanting to know more about pairing oils and vinegars. Supplement the book with a few bottles of oil and vinegar. Our 60 ml bottles are the perfect way to start experimenting!
- Verdant Ginger products— We are so excited about these latest additions to our inventory! The certified organic products are grown on the Lebanon Plantation in Savannah. We carry a wide variety of their delicious ginger products including ginger syrup, ginger ale, turmeric green tea, ginger honey and more.
Does your Valentine appreciate a great bottle of wine? Of course, we sell unique boutique wines that you won’t find any place other at great prices, but we also have some wine gift to accompany that bottle of wine.
- Check out this wine tote. It comes with its own opener and is perfect to take along on a picnic, just add you and a bottle of wine.
- Here’s a way to include two loves- chocolate and wine- with our wine chocolates. These delicious morsels are created to complement specific varietals and make an amazing after dinner treat.
- Treat your man to a luxurious shaving experience with our Napa Soap Company products. Our shaving soap kit includes a ceramic mug, shaving soap and brush. The items also can be purchased individually.
- Don’t send him camping or skiing without his own flask! No matter what he fills with, it’s a must-have accessory for any outdoorsy man!
If you don’t want to fight the dining out crowds this Valentine’s Day, why not prepare a romantic fireside dinner at home? Start off with an easy but delicious chocolate martini (see recipe below) Use our Mediterranean or Lucchese’s Izoo Sicilia rub on two steaks, roast some vegetables in the oven and drizzle with our Whole Herb Fused Rosemary Olive Oil and finish the meal with decadent chocolate brownies (try substituting an infused olive oil such as blood orange, chipotle or red cayenne chili for some surprise heat and/or espresso or dark chocolate balsamic vinegar for the water)
Dark Chocolate Martini
- Rim two chilled martini glasses with sugar
- Chill approximately 3 ounces of vodka in the cocktail shaker
- Add 1 tablespoon of Leaning Ladder Aged Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- Shake all ingredients and strain into glasses
- Add a Strawberry or Raspberries and let stand for 2 minutes
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Susan and Bridget