Olive Oil Beauty Products
- Moisturizer. When used on the face or body, olive oil penetrates the skin, leaving it soft and smooth. Try a few drops in the bath with your favorite essential oil for a relaxing and moisture-filled bath.
- Hair mask. Mix two tablespoons of olive oil, one egg yolk and one teaspoon of lemon juice and apply to wet hair. Leave on for 15 minutes, shampoo and rinse.
- Face Scrub. Mix one tablespoon olive oil, ½ cup granulated sugar lemon zest from one lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey to create an effective and fragrant facial scrub.
- Nail Care. Heat olive oil just until warm and soak your fingers. Your cuticles and nails will thank you!
- Eye Makeup Remover. Take a cotton ball and use a little olive oil to remove your eye makeup.
- Body Scrub. Mix olive oil with course sea salt to create an exfoliating scrub. Use on elbows, heels or any other place that is dry and scaly.
Household Uses for Olive Oil
- Wood Furniture Polish. Use a dab (approximately one teaspoon) on a soft cloth and clean away. The olive oil will keep your wood furniture moisturized.
- Fix a Sticky Zipper. Use a cotton swab to apply a little bit of olive oil to a stuck zipper (be careful to avoid the fabric) and ease the zipper up or down.
- Remove Paint from Hair. Fall is prime time for DIY paint projects. If the paint found its way to your hair, use a cotton ball dabbed in olive oil and gently rub through the affected piece (or pieces) of hair.
- Sticker Removal. Put a dab of olive oil on a sticker and let it sit for several minutes. The sticker will peel off, without any sticky residue left behind.
Olive oil… more than just for salads!
Have a great week!
Susan and Bridget